Tiramisu has become an international favorite dessert, served around the globe in great Italian restaurants. Creamy and luscious, the flavors of rum, coffee and chocolate blend well in the medium of Mascarpone, resulting in a glorious confection.
- 1 1/2 pounds Mascarpone cheese
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup rum
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 4 Cups strong coffee
- 1 1/2 packages lady fingers
- shaved chocolate
- cocoa powder; for dusting
- Beat mascarpone, powdered sugar and 1/2 Cup rum in bowl of electric mixer with whisk attachment until smooth and creamy, being careful not to over-beat. Add cream and whip at high speed until mixture forms soft peaks. Whisk yolks and 1/4 Cup granulated sugar in small bowl until thick and pale. Fold into mascarpone mixture and set aside.
- Mix coffee, remaining 1/2 Cup rum and remaining 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar in shallow bowl. Dip lady fingers in coffee mixture. Place layer of lady fingers in bottom of deep 2-quart serving bowl. Cover with layer of cheese filling. Repeat twice to make 3 layers of lady fingers and filling.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with shaved chocolate and dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Simple, flavorful and visually appealing, Orange and Black Olive Salad is light on the palate and mo...
Holiday Shirmp Newburg is a glorious recipe perfect for entertaining, its relaxing, comforting flavo...
Maple candies with peanut butter? You bet and Maple Buckeyes are absolutely wonderful. Shhh - the ch...
Pfeffernüsse is German version of the traditional northern European "pepper nut" cookies; a family f...