The Irish excel at the preparation of trout and this recipe is no disappointment to that reputation. Simply prepared yet exceptionally flavorful, it is a great main course or luncheon dish.
- 4 rainbow trout, gutted and well washed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon chopped thyme
- 1 dessertspoon chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 dessertspoon Pernod; (optional)
- Combine ingredients for marinade. Coat fish evenly with marinade, cover and chill for at lest one hour. Grill, bake or barbecue the fish, basting with marinade occasionally.
- Allow 5 minutes each side for grilling, 12 to 15 minutes in a pre-heated moderate oven, 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas Mark 5 if baking.
- Serve with baked potato and spinach.
- Substitutions: Sea trout, salmon cutlets.
A dessertspoon is equal to 2 US teaspoons or 2/3 of a US Tablespoon.
Zabar's Black-and-White Cookies are delightful cookies and a favorite in New York and around the wor...
The Passover lamb, also known as the "sacrifice of Passover", the "Paschal Lamb" is mandated in the ...
In celebration of Mexico's holiday, Bread for Day of the Dead is often shaped into skulls or round l...
Blancmange is a very flexible dessert, capable of being adapted to a wide variety of flavorings from...