The Irish excel at the preparation of trout and this recipe is no disappointment to that reputation. Simply prepared yet exceptionally flavorful, it is a great main course or luncheon dish.
- 4 rainbow trout, gutted and well washed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon chopped thyme
- 1 dessertspoon chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 dessertspoon Pernod; (optional)
- Combine ingredients for marinade. Coat fish evenly with marinade, cover and chill for at lest one hour. Grill, bake or barbecue the fish, basting with marinade occasionally.
- Allow 5 minutes each side for grilling, 12 to 15 minutes in a pre-heated moderate oven, 190 degrees C/375 degrees F/Gas Mark 5 if baking.
- Serve with baked potato and spinach.
- Substitutions: Sea trout, salmon cutlets.
A dessertspoon is equal to 2 US teaspoons or 2/3 of a US Tablespoon.
Positively simple, without sugars, Winesap Apple Turnovers are delightful treats that may be served ...
Most popular at Christmas, but eaten at other times of the year, this exceptional bread is wonderful...
Charlotte Russe is a dessert invented by the French chef Marie-Antoine Carême. It is a cold dessert ...
This Chinese version of Marrons Glacé is exceptional, delicious and incredibly useful as a component...