Trout with Cream and Honey Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 250 g trout
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 50 g butter
- 50 g whole almonds; skinned
- 4 Tablespoons fresh heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 100 g flour (seasoned to taste)
- 300 ml milk (to soak trout in)
- Chop the almonds finely. Prepare the fish, wash and dry and then soak in milk for 5-10 minutes. Toss in seasoned four. Melt half the butter in the frying pan, and fry the fish for 5-7 minutes on each side. Make the sauce by melting the rest of the butter, adding the chopped almonds.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Then add the honey and lemon juice; bring carefully to simmering point, and add the cream last, making sure the temperature is fairly low so it won't curdle. Pour over the fried fish, and serve garnished with lemon.