Trout Stuffed with Ham (Trucha a la Navarra)
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Seafood
- 6 trout (about 1/2 pound each); cleaned, with the smallest possible opening
- 6 slices cured ham; cut thin
- flour; for dusting
- 3 cloves garlic; whole
- 3/4 Cup olive oil; for frying
- salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet with three whole garlic cloves until the garlic is browned. Discard garlic and save oil for frying trout.
- Through the opening at the gills of the fish, stuff a thin rolled piece of cured ham. Sprinkle fish with salt, dust lightly in flour, and fry in sizzling-hot olive oil until browned on both sides. Serve at once.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman