The exotic flavors of tropical fruit pair perfectly with coconut ice cream in this luscious confection that brings to mind palm trees, an aquamarine sea, warm breezes and pink sandy beaches. Can a dessert be this good? Try it and find out for yourself! Try serving this recipe with gaufrettes or other thin cookies or wafers. With coconut sorbet, in a small amount, this makes a great appetizer, quite surprisingly, as a refreshing palate cleanser. Try other sorbets, such as strawberry, mango, or lemon. Be as creative as you desire.
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slivers, soaked in simple syrup
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored and cut into chunks (or use canned chunks)
- 1 jar papaya in light syrup, pieces cut into thin slices
- 1/2 jar or 1 can Mandarin orange segments
- 1 pint Hagen Daz Coconut Ice Cream or sorbet
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Prepare the salad by assembling all the fruit, drained of their syrups into a bowl and toss.
- In another bowl, blend the syrups and pour over the fruit.
- Place a scoop of fruit salad into each bowl and add a scoop of coconut ice cream or sorbet.
- Pour some of the syrup on top of the ice cream or sorbet. Top with a mint sprig and serve immediately.
Summer is the perfect time to prepare Peach and Ricotta Tart, an exceptional Northern Italian desser...
This recipe from the Los Angeles Times presents Anarkali Mulligatawny, a generously flavorful soup w...
Easy Cassoulet lives up to its name, offering simple preparation and exceptional flavor. This is suc...
Our Double Bacon Double Cheese Burger mixes bacon with ground beef, and adds crispy bacon as well as...