Trimlestown Roast Sirloin is an amazing, magnificent, simple and flavor-rich meat dish suitable for any day of the week.
Trimlestown Roast Sirloin
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 pounds sirloin roast
- 2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey
- 10 fluid ounces red wine
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 ounces flour, all-purpose
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Wipe meat, season and place in a roasting pan. Place pan in oven and cook for one hour.
- Add the whiskey and wine to the pan. Cook for a further hour, basting once more. Remove the roast from the pan, place on a serving dish and keep warm. Pour off excess fat from the meat juices, adding water to bring to about 15 oz.
- Beat the butter into the flour to form a smooth paste. Add a little of the juices to this and mix well, then pour onto juices, mixing again, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes to cook flour. Correct the seasoning.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little more water. Serve separately in a gravy boat.
- Jacket or mashed potatoes, and a cooked green vegetable (possibly broccoli) go well with this, since the sauce is so rich.