A triple-hit with great flavor coming from the three main ingredients. Tricolor Latkes of Zucchini, Carrot and Potato are simply wonderful any time of year. They may be served as a main course, side dish, or an appetizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated, placed in a colander to drain of excess liquid
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 large mealy baking potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried and crumbled herbs; basil, marjoram, Herbes de Provence, etc.
- 1/2 Cup flour, or as needed
- salt and pepper, generously to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- oil for frying
- Mix together everything except the oil and accompaniments.
- Puree half the mixture, then return it to the grated vegetable mixture.
- Add more flour as needed for a thick batter consistency.
- Fry as for classic potato pancakes.
Warm Granny Apple Crumble is a delicious dessert of impeccable flavors. A patriotic, tasty and memor...
Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a British classic perfect for a cold weather. Substitute crumbled Bleu ...
Beef Stock is the basis for countless thousands of recipes from aspics to soups, meat pies and roast...
Adapted from Border Grill, Grilled Skirt Steak with Avocado Corn Relish is a great, flavorful dish w...