A triple-hit with great flavor coming from the three main ingredients. Tricolor Latkes of Zucchini, Carrot and Potato are simply wonderful any time of year. They may be served as a main course, side dish, or an appetizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated, placed in a colander to drain of excess liquid
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 large mealy baking potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried and crumbled herbs; basil, marjoram, Herbes de Provence, etc.
- 1/2 Cup flour, or as needed
- salt and pepper, generously to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- oil for frying
- Mix together everything except the oil and accompaniments.
- Puree half the mixture, then return it to the grated vegetable mixture.
- Add more flour as needed for a thick batter consistency.
- Fry as for classic potato pancakes.
Luxurious, elegant and perfectly delicious, Crab and Asparagus Eggs Benedict is a rich breakfast or ...
Rich, creamy and absolutely delicious, Butterscotch Ice Cream is an exceptional flavor that's always...
The seduction of Drunken Cherries on sultry premium Ice Cream creates an enticing, sensuous dessert ...
Sometimes a lunch classic can be adapted with a simple ingredient. That's just what we did with Ched...