A triple-hit with great flavor coming from the three main ingredients. Tricolor Latkes of Zucchini, Carrot and Potato are simply wonderful any time of year. They may be served as a main course, side dish, or an appetizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated, placed in a colander to drain of excess liquid
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 large mealy baking potatoes, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried and crumbled herbs; basil, marjoram, Herbes de Provence, etc.
- 1/2 Cup flour, or as needed
- salt and pepper, generously to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- oil for frying
- Mix together everything except the oil and accompaniments.
- Puree half the mixture, then return it to the grated vegetable mixture.
- Add more flour as needed for a thick batter consistency.
- Fry as for classic potato pancakes.
For something unusual, refreshing, and tasty, try our Caribbean Papaya-Orange Soup recipe. The kids ...
This abundantly flavorful, rich and superb stuffing is simply perfect for your holiday turkey. It ma...
For an exceptional treat, try Creamy Celeriac Soup with Applewood-Smoked Bacon at the start of any m...
Chicken Gravy with Herbs makes any roasted chicken a luscious delight of impeccable flavor, providin...