Trenette is a simple pasta, usually flat but hollow tubes. Trennette with Smoked Chicken and Mozzarella is a delicious dish for friends or family.
Trennette with Smoked Chicken and Mozzarella
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 pound home-made trennete
- 12 ounces smoked chicken breast, skinned
- 8 asparagus spears, blanched, sliced
- 8 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut in small dice, sautéed
- fresh thyme leaves, as desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Cook trennette and drain.
- In large sauté pan combine chicken, asparagus, olive oil, stock, pancetta, thyme and salt and pepper; heat through, adjusting seasoning. Add pasta to pan and heat thoroughly.
- To serve, add cheese, toss and divide into 4 portions.