One of the greatest culinary creations of all time, these Traditional Potato Chip may be used as a snack or, if made well, as the foundation for appetizers. Serve them plain, with dips or in other wonderful ways. Homemade potato chips are much better for you than commercial brands. They may be used as a garnish for soups, added to casseroles and even crushed as a topping for ice cream (yes, we said ice cream).
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- canola or peanut oil
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into very thin slices (less than 1/16" thick).
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once during that time. Drain thoroughly.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Fry 8 to 10 chips at a time until golden brown and crisp (2-2 1/2 minutes). Drain.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Opulent, yet rustic presentation affords a feast for both the palate and the eye. Always popular as ...
For an extraordinary dish of comfort food, perfect for Spring, try Creamed Chicken and Biscuits. Sup...
Charred red peppers have a unique, smoky flavor that adds greatly to the flavor of Southwestern Gril...
Tomatoes Rockefeller offers a glorious, simple and flavor-rich side dish or vegetarian main course. ...