One of the greatest culinary creations of all time, these Traditional Potato Chip may be used as a snack or, if made well, as the foundation for appetizers. Serve them plain, with dips or in other wonderful ways. Homemade potato chips are much better for you than commercial brands. They may be used as a garnish for soups, added to casseroles and even crushed as a topping for ice cream (yes, we said ice cream).
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- canola or peanut oil
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into very thin slices (less than 1/16" thick).
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once during that time. Drain thoroughly.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Fry 8 to 10 chips at a time until golden brown and crisp (2-2 1/2 minutes). Drain.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
One of BLT Steak's signature appetizers, Blue Fin Tuna Tartare from BLT is a very popular dish that'...
What can one say about Chocolate Pudding except that it is a true classic and a favorite of young an...
An ideal accompaniment to summertime barbecue, grilled meats or fish, sandwiches or salads. Southern...
Warming you to the bones, this deeply flavorful soup is rich, comforting and thoroughly enjoyable. ...