One of the greatest culinary creations of all time, these Traditional Potato Chip may be used as a snack or, if made well, as the foundation for appetizers. Serve them plain, with dips or in other wonderful ways. Homemade potato chips are much better for you than commercial brands. They may be used as a garnish for soups, added to casseroles and even crushed as a topping for ice cream (yes, we said ice cream).
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- canola or peanut oil
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into very thin slices (less than 1/16" thick).
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water once during that time. Drain thoroughly.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Fry 8 to 10 chips at a time until golden brown and crisp (2-2 1/2 minutes). Drain.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the ...
The taste of Olde and New England is evident in every bite of our tasty Pear, Cranberry and Horserad...
The complex flavors of Little Italian Sausage Burgers creates a glorious eating experience. Enjoy it...
Carrageen Moss Pudding is an amazing dessert of delectable flavor. Its key ingredient comes from car...