In these trying times, a bowl of Tomato, Tarragon and Vodka Soup with a bit of kick never goes amiss. Just don’t spoon and drive. The grilled cheese sandwiches are optional, but delicious.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup finely-chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 28 ounces imported peeled tomatoes (1 can), chopped
- 2/3 Cup good vodka
- 2 1/2 Cups rich chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper sauce; or to taste
- salt, to taste
- additional tarragon leaves
- paper thin slices of lemon
- dollop of creme fraiche or yogurt
- Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onions and garlic until very soft but not brown.
- Add tarragon, tomatoes, vodka and stock and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes partially covered.
- Off heat, with an immersion blender or a food processor, coarsely puree soup.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with tarragon leaves, lemon slices and creme fraiche.
This simple dish is a breakfast staple across the American heartland. Flaky biscuits and rich sausag...
The wonderful flavors of Monmouth Pudding do justice to the gastronomic traditions of the Welsh coun...
The addition of port wine to the filling adds a unique richness to Apple Pie with Port and Cheddar C...
Few things are as comforting, warming and appealing as a bowl of homemade Cream of Chicken Soup. Th...