Pizzas come in all shapes and forms, but Tomato and Mozzarella Tart with Pesto is delightfully unique and tasty. Serve with an undressed salad of your own creation.
Tomato and Mozzarella Tart with Pesto
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer, Main, Pizza
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed, rolled 4 inches wide, triple layered
- 7 ounces packaged Italian Bocconcini Mozzarella with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 4 Roma vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil pesto
- fresh arugula, to serve
- Heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens). Place the pastry sheets on a baking sheet.
- Layer the sun-dried tomatoes and tomato slices over the pastry. Dot mozzarella balls over the tomatoes and season.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Drizzle the pesto over the tarts and decorate with arugula to serve.
For a more intense flavor, spread pesto over the pastry before layering the tomatoes and mozzarella.