Aromatic and seductive, this flavorful Thai soup is always a special treat. We used a small lobster and whole shrimp in our photo. Perfectly delish!
Tom Yum Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 Cups Thai Chicken Broth (made with Thai chiles and lemongrass)
- 1/2 Cup peeled shrimp or small lobster, langoustines, or whole shrimp
- 1 can straw mushrooms (15 ounce); drained, rinsed
- 6 roasted dried Thai chiles (to 8 chiles)
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chile paste in soybean oil
- 2 kaffir (Thai) lime leaves (to 4)
- cilantro sprigs
- Bring Thai Chicken Broth to simmer over medium-high heat in large pot.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and chiles and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and chile paste.
- Garnish with lime leaves and cilantro.
Serving size: Each of 6 servings Calories: 76 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Sodium: 1,089 mg Fiber: 0.59 g Protein: 9 g Cholesterol: 22 mg