An extraordinary Italian creation, Tiramisu is a wonderful cheese-based dessert enriched with the delightful combination of chocolate and coffee and enhanced with wine and liqueurs. How could you go wrong?
- 24 ladyfingers, toasted in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes
- 2 Cups espresso coffee, cooled
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound Mascarpone
- 2 Tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 Tablespoons Triple Sec
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 2 Tablespoons orange extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Arrange the ladyfingers on a plate and lightly soak them with the cooled espresso. Put half of the soaked ladyfingers in one layer in a rectangular serving dish. While the ladyfingers are soaking, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the yolks turn pale in color. Add the mascarpone, the liquors, and the extract, and stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a wire whisk until they are stiff. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Use half of this mixture to make a layer on top of the ladyfingers in the serving dish. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Repeat the procedure with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, the mascarpone mixture, and chocolate. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
The seduction of Drunken Cherries on sultry premium Ice Cream creates an enticing, sensuous dessert ...
Coconut Caramel Rice Pudding has been married to Creme Bruleé, creating an exceptional, luscious des...
The luscious, creamy textures and delicious flavors of Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Sea Scallops ma...
This incredible Avgolemono Soup is greatly complemented by the addition of cod, giving one the excep...