Simple, easy and just plain wonderful. These kebabs may also be cooked on your grill in season, but broiled in cooler months, giving you summertime all through the year.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak; 1" thick
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 medium green, red or yellow bell pepper; cut 1" pieces
- 8 large mushrooms
- Cut beef steak into 1-inch pieces. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, water, mustard, honey, oregano, and pepper in large bowl; add beef, bell pepper, and mushrooms, stirring to coat.
- Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper, and mushrooms on each of four 12-inch skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil approximately 9 to 12 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, if desired.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 77 Calories; 7g Fat (78.0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 33mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES: Recipe from "Beef: It's What's For Dinner" offering nine fast, new ways with beef, including Italian and Mexican stir-fries, that go together in 30 minutes or less.