This is one extraordinary chilled soup. Made with fresh melons and flavored with Thai fish sauce and fresh herbs, the soup complements the shrimp perfectly making an outstanding starter course or luncheon meal. Very impressive appearance.
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds watermelon, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 18 chilled, peeled and deveined large poached shrimp
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce), available in Asian markets and specialty food stores
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Combine the melons and pickled ginger in a blender and process until liquified.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl and stir in the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate it until well chilled, at least an hour.
- To serve, divide the soup among 6 iced goblets or glass bowls.
- Top each serving with 3 shrimp, a sprinkle of the herbs, and a splash of nam pla.
The quintessential recipe for the perfect American BBQ Cheeseburgers. Ideal for summer entertaining....
Absolutely delicious, and incredibly interesting, this wonderful cold soup becomes the talk of the t...
As soon as Spring has sprung, dandelion greens make a comeback, which is great for White Bean and Ha...
The wealth of flavor in Cock-a-Leekie (Chicken and Leek Soup) is immeasurable, the leeks adding a su...