This is one extraordinary chilled soup. Made with fresh melons and flavored with Thai fish sauce and fresh herbs, the soup complements the shrimp perfectly making an outstanding starter course or luncheon meal. Very impressive appearance.
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds watermelon, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 18 chilled, peeled and deveined large poached shrimp
- 3 Tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce), available in Asian markets and specialty food stores
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Combine the melons and pickled ginger in a blender and process until liquified.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl and stir in the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate it until well chilled, at least an hour.
- To serve, divide the soup among 6 iced goblets or glass bowls.
- Top each serving with 3 shrimp, a sprinkle of the herbs, and a splash of nam pla.
Crunchy jicama with thinly sliced salmon and creamy Neufchatel make an outstanding canape for your p...
Asparagus Gratin makes a glorious side dish for your meal, providing diners a glorious flavor ideal ...
The delights of Avocado Cilantro Soup will fill any tummy with delight and tempt every palate to im...
When it comes to comforting soups, few are as good as Butternut Squash Soup with Toasted Hazelnuts. ...