Traditionally, Italians make Manicotti with a crepe-like pancake as the shell, not pasta. This Americanized version includes the basics, but uses cottage cheese, never found in the authentic Italian recipes. Still, it is tasty.
- 2 Cups (16 ounces) homemade tomato sauce
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup ricotta or cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 manicotti shells; cooked and drained
- Blend tomato sauce, and 1/4 Cup water. Simmer, uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 Cup mozzarella, ricotta or cottage cheese, and Parmesan. Add eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix lightly.
- Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture, using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Pour 1/2 Cup of sauce mixture in to 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange manicotti in dish; pour remaining sauce atop.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
There's something incredible, luscious, romantic and seductive about Prosciutto Wrapped Pears. Simp...
Shrimp Bisque is classy, soothing, sultry and incredibly seductive. The flavor is rich and tantalizi...
Chunky Fruit Barbecue Marinade and Chutney is perfect with grilled or baked pork, fish, poultry or g...
Panettone French Toast is a perfect breakfast for Christmas morning, or the day after. Simple prepa...