Traditionally, Italians make Manicotti with a crepe-like pancake as the shell, not pasta. This Americanized version includes the basics, but uses cottage cheese, never found in the authentic Italian recipes. Still, it is tasty.
- 2 Cups (16 ounces) homemade tomato sauce
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup ricotta or cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 manicotti shells; cooked and drained
- Blend tomato sauce, and 1/4 Cup water. Simmer, uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 Cup mozzarella, ricotta or cottage cheese, and Parmesan. Add eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix lightly.
- Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture, using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Pour 1/2 Cup of sauce mixture in to 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Arrange manicotti in dish; pour remaining sauce atop.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
Turkey Waldorf Sandwich is a refreshing, crunchy, tasty and memorable main course suitable for lunch...
Simple preparation often yields outstanding results, as it does in these delightful deviled eggs. Pa...
Basmati Lemon Rice is a glorious side dish to accompany spicy dishes. The tangy flavor is balanced b...
These classically flavored Backyard Barbecue Spareribs are good any time year but best in Summer. Se...