The name of this recipe – The Very Best Home Fries, matches its distinctly wonderful taste and texture. A delightful accompaniment to eggs or steaks.
The Very Best Home Fries
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Potato Dishes
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch each pepper and paprika
- Scrub potatoes.
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender but firm; drain well.
- Refrigerate until cold. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes or 1/4 inch slices.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter over high heat; cook potatoes, turning to coat all, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook for about 8 minutes longer, turning often, or until crisp and golden.
- Remove from heat; stir in onion, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Makes 4 servings.
Source: Canadian Living's Best Vegetables
Serve with breakfast or steaks at dinner.