The sweet delicate crab pairs perfectly with the other ingredients in this delctable appetizer to create a flavorful experience.
The Ubiquitous Crab
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 packages cream cheese, 8 ounces each
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 to 2 Cups crab meat
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- freshly ground pepper
- Mix cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth. Add rest of ingredients, mix well, and refrigerate.
- Serving suggestions: Serve as an appetizer with assorted crackers; heat in a chafing dish as a hot spread; add a little milk and some cooked rice or pasta to make a hot casserole; spread on buttered toast rounds or English muffins and grill until piping hot; or use as a filling in rolled filet of sole; baked with lemon and butter brushed on the rolls. Substitute lobster for crab if desired.