No, it’s not a funky dance step from the 1950’s. The Lobster Roll is a delectable, delicious sandwich filled with lobster salad and incredible flavors!
The Lobster Roll
An amazing sandwich best served with sweet potato chips or steamed fresh sweet corn on the cob. This is a bit sloppy, but such great food!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood, Sandwiches
- 1 1/4 pounds lobster meat (fresh)
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 9 fluid ounces Lemon-flavored Mayonnaise (see below)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, parsley and basil
- 6 large frankfurter rolls or baguettes (split)
- drawn butter for drizzling
- 9 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Cube the lobster meat and the celery, and put in a bowl. Stir in three-quarters of the mayonnaise and all of the herb mixture.
- Chill the lobster salad in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and absorb.
- Warm the rolls or baguette under the grill. When warm but only slightly toasted, spread with the extra mayonnaise, and scoop in the lobster mixture, spreading it evenly and abundantly.
- Drizzle with drawn butter, and serve straight away. Serve additional drawn butter on the side.
- Whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and grated peel till well blended and smooth.
Use several 1 1/4 pound lobsters to get the necessary meat for this dish from tails and claws. Use the remaining lobster meat and shells for making Lobster Bisque or simple Lobster Salad.