Perfect for leftover turkey from your holiday meal, this delicious chowder is full of great flavors of the Autumn season. Quite delicious and comforting. Serve it as a meal with a crusty bread or croutons.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 3/4 Cups winter squash; cut into 1/4-inch cubes, divided
- 1 3/4 Cups celery root; cut into 1/4-inch cubes, divided
- 2 Quarts turkey stock
- 1/2 Cup rice; uncooked
- 1 1/4 Cups Savoy cabbage; coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 Cups turkey meat; cooked and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle. Add the winter squash (such as butternut or Hubbard) and celery root; saute over medium heat 2 minutes. Add the turkey stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender and return to the kettle.
- Add the remaining squash and celery, and the uncooked rice. Cook the mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the savoy cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Stir in the cubed turkey meat. Heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Richly flavorful, this delicious pot roast is complemented by the authentic Spanish flavors of olive...
Based on white sauce, this exceptional White Onion Soup is rich with flavor and creamy Irish goodnes...
Created by an Italian chef for the United Nations' Delegate's Dining Room, this delectable Corn Pudd...
For a delicious, healthy side dish, make some Baked Sweet Potato Fries today. Their sweet, crunchy g...