Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Cups picante sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine meat, beans, 1 cup of the Picante sauce, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, eggs, cumin, and salt; mix well. Press into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Carefully pour off drippings. Combine remaining 1/2 cup Picante sauce and brown sugar, mix well. Spread over surface of meatloaf. Continue baking 15 minutes. Remove and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional Picante sauce.
- We enjoy this and it is very filling. It's a different meatloaf for a change.