One bite of Tequila-Lime Barbecued Shrimp and your palate will feel like you’re on a beach in Acapulco or savoring a sunset in Cozumel. Serve them as a main course or as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres. Extraordinary!
- 1 Cup Tequila
- 1⁄2 Cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zest only
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 24 large shrimp, peeled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 24 bamboo skewers
- cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Whisk together tequila, olive oil, lime zest and juice, tomato paste, garlic and hot sauce. Add shrimp; coat well. Season with salt and pepper; refrigerate 1 hour.
- To cook, remove shrimp from bowl; reserve marinade. Grill shrimp; be careful not to overcook. In a sauce pan over medium high heat, bring marinade to a boil. Pour marinade over cooked shrimp and toss.
- To serve, skewer shrimp individually; garnish with cilantro.
Don't like fried foods? Dieting? Oven French Fries is a perfect solution. They're baked, crisp, tast...
Sweet, delectable, light and aromatic are words that come close, but just short of an accurate descr...
The extraordinary flavors offered in Spaghetti with Lobster Sauce provide an outstanding meal for yo...
The incredible flavor of the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Pita is matched only by its unique presentation....