One bite of Tequila-Lime Barbecued Shrimp and your palate will feel like you’re on a beach in Acapulco or savoring a sunset in Cozumel. Serve them as a main course or as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres. Extraordinary!
- 1 Cup Tequila
- 1⁄2 Cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zest only
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 24 large shrimp, peeled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 24 bamboo skewers
- cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Whisk together tequila, olive oil, lime zest and juice, tomato paste, garlic and hot sauce. Add shrimp; coat well. Season with salt and pepper; refrigerate 1 hour.
- To cook, remove shrimp from bowl; reserve marinade. Grill shrimp; be careful not to overcook. In a sauce pan over medium high heat, bring marinade to a boil. Pour marinade over cooked shrimp and toss.
- To serve, skewer shrimp individually; garnish with cilantro.
Tsoureki is a warm, delightful egg bread that celebrates Easter in Greek homes, the red egg symboliz...
The mildness of Cauliflower and Cheese partners exceptionally well with a variety of cheeses, partic...
Unlike most burgers, this one is not served on a bun. It is eaten with a knife and fork, not as a sa...
While Rice Cooler Horchata is a beverage, it is also a sweet dessert, suitable for either purpose. I...