One bite of Tequila-Lime Barbecued Shrimp and your palate will feel like you’re on a beach in Acapulco or savoring a sunset in Cozumel. Serve them as a main course or as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres. Extraordinary!
- 1 Cup Tequila
- 1⁄2 Cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zest only
- 1⁄2 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 24 large shrimp, peeled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 24 bamboo skewers
- cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Whisk together tequila, olive oil, lime zest and juice, tomato paste, garlic and hot sauce. Add shrimp; coat well. Season with salt and pepper; refrigerate 1 hour.
- To cook, remove shrimp from bowl; reserve marinade. Grill shrimp; be careful not to overcook. In a sauce pan over medium high heat, bring marinade to a boil. Pour marinade over cooked shrimp and toss.
- To serve, skewer shrimp individually; garnish with cilantro.
Basic Hamburgers provide the foundation for amazing burger combinations. You'll love the flavor poss...
The glorious flavor and delicate texture of fresh Yorkshire Puddings make them an outstanding deligh...
Most traditional BBQ sauces and marinades leave seafood too sweet, or tasting of burnt sugar. This l...
Chocolate Cake, a simple recipe, is most certainly rich and comforting. Served with a dollop of whip...