Teifi Trout and Bacon (Welsh)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 fresh trout
- 1/4 pound bacon fat
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce flour
- 2 pints milk
- BRITHYLL TEIFI A CHIG MOCH
- Line a ovenproof pie-dish with slices of the fat bacon.
- Wipe and clean the fish and place them on the bacon. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Cover and bake in a moderate oven (375/F or Mark 5) for 30-40 minutes.
- The Sauce: Cut off the base of the stalks of the mushrooms, wash and skin. Fry gently in 1 oz of butter until tender. Drain and slice them.
- Heat the remaining butter in a saucepan and add the flour using a wooden spoon to make the roux. Add the cold milk, stirring all the time and bring to the boil.
- Add the mushrooms and heat until the sauce thickens.
- When the trout are cooked, pour the sauce over them and serve.