Every bite of Taste of Napa Quesadillas offers incredible vistas of Californian sunshine, and the fresh foods grown in the Golden State. Simply magnificent! Shown without corn husks or jelly for presentation purposes.
- 9 garlic-herb tortillas
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces Brie cheese
- 9 ounces chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 6 ounces caramelized onions
- 36 slices Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 14 ounces Mango-Habanero Salsa, divided (recipe follows)
- 4 corn husks
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- 6 ounces Jalapeño Jelly (recipe follows)
- 2 Cups mangoes, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 Cup white onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup red peppers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons habanero hot sauce, commercial
- 2 1/2 Cups red bell peppers, diced
- 2 1/2 Cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 Cups jalapeño peppers, minced
- 11 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup lime juice
- 2 liquid pectin, 3-ounce packets
- Place tortillas on a medium-hot grill. Sprinkle 1/8 ounce Parmesan cheese evenly over surface of each tortilla, then top with Monterey Jack cheese, Brie cheese, chicken and onions. Grill until cheese melts.
- Add half of the salsa and 2 apple slices. Fold tortillas in half; remove from grill.
- To serve, stand cornhusk at 12 o’clock on plate. Spoon 2 ounce salsa inside the husk; place 3 apple slices vertically into salsa. Fan 3 quesadillas out against husk; garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve a ramekin of Jalapeño Jelly on the side.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Makes 3 Cups.
- Combine red and green peppers, jalapeños, sugar, vinegar and lime juice in sauce pan; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; blend briefly. Pour back into saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce flame; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pectin; return to high heat; boil for exactly 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool at least 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Makes 3 Quarts.
Simply wonderful, Irish Ginger-Citrus Marmalade is packed with rich flavor. Use it on appetizers, br...
The creamy mushroom sauce makes Beef Stroganoff one of Europe's favorites. Perfect on cool evenings ...
The American Burger is our answer to equal rights for all in food. The poor man's steak enriches us ...
Pickled Garlic is a wonderful accompaniment for many country pates, or in salads. It may even be use...