Taste-of-Gazpacho Salad offers up many of the same flavors found in the famed soup. It is perfect summertime meal and wonderful when accompanied by grilled chicken or shrimp.
- red leaf lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes; sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, scored and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 Cup chopped mild red onion
- 1/4 Cup green pepper
- 1/2 Cup croutons
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic; minced or pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Line platter or serving plate with lettuce. Arrange tomatoes in rows in center. Arrange cucumber at one side, and avocado cubes at other side of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle onion over cucumber and avocado; sprinkle green pepper over tomatoes; set aside. To prepare Olive Oil and Garlic Dressing, mix vinegar, salt, oregano, garlic, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Using a whisk or fork, gradually beat in oil until well combined.
- Drizzle about a third of the Olive Oil and Garlic Dressing over the salad. Sprinkle salad with croutons.
Serve remaining dressing in a small bowl or pitcher to add at table.
Consider offering chopped hard cooked eggs and chopped cooked bacon as toppings your guests may add.
Tasty, sultry and sinfully good, Earl Grey Chocolates provide a delicious snack - a morsel of love. ...
Once again, Thomas Keller offers up a superb recipe. Tomato Consomme seems more complicated than it ...
Thomas Keller and Michael Ruhlmann's recipe for Braised Short Ribs makes a perfect dinner for your ...
The combination of pork and apple is the stuff of legend, but add some Brie, and it's a dream come t...