Taste-of-Gazpacho Salad offers up many of the same flavors found in the famed soup. It is perfect summertime meal and wonderful when accompanied by grilled chicken or shrimp.
- red leaf lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes; sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, scored and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 Cup chopped mild red onion
- 1/4 Cup green pepper
- 1/2 Cup croutons
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic; minced or pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Line platter or serving plate with lettuce. Arrange tomatoes in rows in center. Arrange cucumber at one side, and avocado cubes at other side of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle onion over cucumber and avocado; sprinkle green pepper over tomatoes; set aside. To prepare Olive Oil and Garlic Dressing, mix vinegar, salt, oregano, garlic, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Using a whisk or fork, gradually beat in oil until well combined.
- Drizzle about a third of the Olive Oil and Garlic Dressing over the salad. Sprinkle salad with croutons.
Serve remaining dressing in a small bowl or pitcher to add at table.
For a bit of tasty crunch and a superb side salad, try our delectable Wild Rice and Hazelnut Salad. ...
Cinnamon Churros are delectable pastries ideal for an evening's dessert or breakfast, accompanied by...
For a marvelous, balanced meal of impeccable flavor, try Chicken Enchiladas. They're fun and tasty f...
The ancient Romans, from humble slaves to the Imperial class loved Lentils with Coriander. The upper...