Tangy Short Rib Barbecue
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups catsup
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Cut ribs into individual portions, about 2 1/2 inches wide; trim excess fat.
- Place ribs on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; bake in preheated 450 degrees F. oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Remove beef and rack from the pan; pour off fat.
- Return beef to the pan without the rack.
- Heat oil in a saucepan; add onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes; pour over beef to coat.
- Cover and bake in 350 degrees F. oven until beef is fork-tender, about 2 hours, spooning sauce over beef once.
- Skim excess fat from sauce in pan.
- Arrange beef on a platter; serve with pan sauce.