A nice and spicy partner to pre-dinner drinks. Tangy Roast Pepper and Walnut Dip is great with some toasted pita for dipping or spread on crostini.
Tangy Roast Pepper and Walnut Dip
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 1 batch
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground pimenton (smoked paprika), plus extra to serve
- 6 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup walnut halves (about 3 1/2 ounces), plus more for optional garnish
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, fresh or from a jar, drained
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or substitute lemon juice or red wine vinegar)
- In a pan, heat the ground cumin and pimenton in the olive oil until fragrant. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, then season with salt and pepper.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the spiced olive oil until incorporated. Add a tablespoon of water if it's too thick.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with freshly ground black pepper and pimenton on top, or, spread on crostini and top each with a half walnut (shelled).
Serving size: batch Calories: 198 Fat: 18 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Sodium: 0.44 g Fiber: 0 g Protein: 2 g