Tabbouleh Salad is a healthful, classic grain dish made with of tomatoes, mint, parsley, bulgur, and onions. It complements the main meal perfectly and is substantial enough to fill you up thanks to the healthy whole-wheat grain.
- 3/4 Cup medium bulgur, rinsed
- hot water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Feta (3 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 Cup chopped mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, cover the bulgur with 2 inches of hot water and let soak for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain the bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing firmly to release the excess water. Wipe out the bowl.
- In the same bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil. Add the bulgur, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, feta, olives, parsley, and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let stand for 10 minutes and toss once more before serving.
The warm sunny Mediterranean is perfect for growing oranges, olives and onions, which are the princi...
This is a simple and flavorful meatloaf with the same spices used in haggis. The oatmeal gives it a ...
Turkey pastrami is used here to make wonderful Reuben sandwiches originally from Reuben's Deli in Ne...
Easy to make, No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks are sweet, crunchy confections that are fun for young a...