Tabbouleh Salad is a healthful, classic grain dish made with of tomatoes, mint, parsley, bulgur, and onions. It complements the main meal perfectly and is substantial enough to fill you up thanks to the healthy whole-wheat grain.
- 3/4 Cup medium bulgur, rinsed
- hot water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Feta (3 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 Cup chopped mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, cover the bulgur with 2 inches of hot water and let soak for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain the bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing firmly to release the excess water. Wipe out the bowl.
- In the same bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil. Add the bulgur, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, feta, olives, parsley, and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let stand for 10 minutes and toss once more before serving.
Spinach is so rich in vitamins and iron often lost in other cooking processes. Steaming preserves th...
Judd Mat Gaardebounen is the national dish of Luxembourg. Judd, or smoked pork neck, is paired with ...
Louisiana-Style Shrimp Cakes are one of the glories of the Gulf and Cajun cookery. Rich in flavor, a...
Cod Cobbler is an exceptional, savory preparation ideal for a family dinner. Rich and flavorful, the...