Sylvia’s Uptown Banana Pancakes are an absolute delight and a treasure of African-American cuisine. A pleasure for young and old, they have become a favorite of Manhattan gourmands for decades. A must try recipe for all. Serve these golden brown pancakes with a good, rich real maple syrup or topped with sliced fresh bananas and some chopped walnuts for an absolutely perfect breakfast or brunch.
- 2/3 Cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 Cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 Cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 medium ripe banana, finely chopped
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Mix together milk and oil and stir into dry mixture just enough to moisten all ingredients without lumps, then fold in banana.
- Spoon onto hot, well greased griddle. Turn once.
Epicurus is proud to be the only website to publish this fantastic recipe.
Sundays are traditionally always crowded at Sylvia's. So save the wait and make this recipe at home today.
The flavors of the season fill the air as you cook The Taste of Autumn Pasta. Rich sage, sausage, a...
This dish is celebrated as a favored side in Armenia, and throughout the region, with roots in the O...
Strawberry Panna Cotta is one of those simply perfect desserts you just have to make at some point i...
You'll simply adore the simple delights of Smoked Salmon Rice Salad with Apple Vinaigrette. Light, r...