Outrageously good eating. A must-try recipe if there ever was one.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Grilling
- 3/4 pound swordfish, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, canned; reserve 1/4 Cup juice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Combine marinade ingredients and pineapple juice in a large bowl and add swordfish chunks. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Soak 8 inch bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Alternate swordfish and remaining ingredients on skewers.
- Kebabs can be grilled or broiled for 8-10 minutes.
- Rotate the kebabs for either method and baste with remaining marinade.
Substitute any firm fish, such as halibut or salmon for swordfish, if unavailable.
Serve on a bed of yellow rice with garlic bread.