Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 700 g (1 1/2 pounds) chuck or blade steak
- 45 ml (3 level Tablespoons) seasoned flour
- 4 medium sized onions, skinned and sliced
- 50 g (2 ounce) fat or oil
- 1-2 stalks of celery, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, skinned and crushed
- 396-g (14 ounce) can tomatoes or 450 g (1 pound) tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- 15 ml (1 level Tablespoon) tomato paste
- 1. Trim the meat, cut it into 8 portions and coat with seasoned flour.
- Brown the onions lightly for about 5 minutes in half of the fat or oil; remove them from the pan.
- Add the rest of the fat or oil to the pan, brown the steak on both sides for 2 - 3 minutes and reduce the heat.
- Add the celery, garlic, tomatoes, paste and onions, stir, cover and simmer very gently tor 2 hours.