This is a wonderful blend of flavors for a salad. Great in summertime, for picnics or barbecues.
Sweet-Sour Macaroni Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads and Dressings
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces salad macaroni; 1 3/4 Cups
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Major Grey type chutney; chopped
- 1 stalk celery; finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup diced baked ham
- 2 ounces diced pimientos; drained, chopped parsley; for garnish
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Set aside.
- For dressing, in a large bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and chutney until smooth.
- To dressing add macaroni, celery, ham, and pimientos. Mix lightly to coat all ingredients with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer to blend flavors. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.