This is a wonderful side dish for any Autumn table, but perfect for Thanksgiving Day. Goes really well with Turkey.
Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and Apricot Sauce
Author: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Recipe type: Potato Dishes
- 6 medium sweet potatoes; cooked, peeled, and cut in 1" slices
- 1 Cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 Cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange potatoes in a 12- by 8-by 2-inch baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, nectar, butter, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; boil gently for 2 minutes. Pour over potatoes; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning potatoes occasionally, until heated through and sauce is bubbly.
- Yields 10 servings.