Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Diabetic
Serves: 1 portion
- 1 medium sweet potato water
- 1 Cup broccoli; fresh, chopped
- 1/2 Cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Dice the sweet potato and cook in the 1/2 Cup water covered until almost done.
- Add the broccoli and cook until tender. You may need to add more water.
- Add to hot vegetables the cottage cheese and sesame seeds and toss until blended.
- 1 serving = 362C; 2 meat, 2 veg, 2 bread, 1 fat Protein 22gm, fat 4g, carbo 48gm
From "Vegetarian Cooking for Diabetics"