Soft, luscious, and tasty, our Sweet Potato Soufflé is a great side dish for winter holidays. The golden color, sweet flavor and texture make it great.
Sweet Potato Soufflé
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs; separated
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- Scald milk and add sugar,salt, butter,nutmeg and potatoes; beat until fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks and add to potatoes.
- Add raisins and pecans.
- Beat egg whites stiff, fold into potatoes and pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees.) 50 to 60 minutes or until firm.
- Top with marshmallows and brown in oven.
This is an OLD family favorite recipe.
Note: You might like to do a flower of peach slices in the center of your sweetpotato souffle.