Whether served as a side dish with breakfast or dinner, Sweet Potato Hash Brown Pancakes are wonderful. Dish some up today and enjoy a grand meal! Accompanied by sour cream or apple sauce, they make a great breakfast or lunch on their own.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- scallions, finely sliced (optional)
- Kosher salt (optional)
- vegetable, canola or peanut oil, divided
- Rinse, peel and grate the sweet potatoes. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then place in cheese cloth and squeeze out all excess juices. Pat dry.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- In a small bowl, blend the Ricotta and yogurt to make a paste. Whisk in egg. Add scallions, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine floured potatoes and yogurt mixture.
- Heat a heavy duty skillet to medium high. When hot add oil.
- Form potato mixture into loose patties and place in skillet. Fry in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until toasty brown.
- Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt if desired.
Soupa Tsatziki is a tantalizing, refreshing and extraordinary chilled soup often found in the tavern...
Simple Polenta is the perfect accompaniment for braised meats, grilled seafood, or a variety of othe...
An incredible blending of juxtaposed flavors is created in Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Vi...
Grilled Lemon and Garlic Pork Chops is a Southwestern dish of exceptional flavor. Lemon and garlic ...