Whether served as a side dish with breakfast or dinner, Sweet Potato Hash Brown Pancakes are wonderful. Dish some up today and enjoy a grand meal! Accompanied by sour cream or apple sauce, they make a great breakfast or lunch on their own.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- scallions, finely sliced (optional)
- Kosher salt (optional)
- vegetable, canola or peanut oil, divided
- Rinse, peel and grate the sweet potatoes. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then place in cheese cloth and squeeze out all excess juices. Pat dry.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- In a small bowl, blend the Ricotta and yogurt to make a paste. Whisk in egg. Add scallions, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine floured potatoes and yogurt mixture.
- Heat a heavy duty skillet to medium high. When hot add oil.
- Form potato mixture into loose patties and place in skillet. Fry in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until toasty brown.
- Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt if desired.
Avocado Shrimp Salad is a flexible recipe that may be served as either an appetizer, main course or ...
When a recipe is legendary, it is flexible, as this recipe for Chocolate Truffles clearly presents. ...
Nacho Potato Soup is a simple, easy recipe that's full of flavor and a joy for young and old. Its c...
This cross-cultural Indian and Western dish brings together American and British influences with spi...