Sweet and Sour Carrots are an exceptional side dish that will bring a smile to everyone’s face. Simply irresistible with most main courses.
Sweet and Sour Carrots
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 1 portion
- 2 pounds carrots; sliced
- 1 green pepper; diced
- 1 onion; diced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook carrots until crispy tender.
- Drain off water.
- Toss with pepper and onion and set aside.
- In saucepan, combine tomato soup, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Heat until boiling.
- Pour over carrots, pepper and onion and stir.
- Refrigerate at least 1 day for best flavor. Reheat when ready to serve.
The photo shows the dish with sunflower seeds, garnished with parsley. These are purely optional and not included in the recipe. The photo does not show the sauce.