With nutty crunch and the wholesome goodness of oats, this topping is a sweet, flavorful treasure on your ice cream sundae.
Super Sundae Topping
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 5 cups
- 3 Cups Quaker oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup butter; melted
- 6 3/4 ounces salted peanuts
- Combine oats, sugar and butter, mixing until crumbly. Place in a shallow baking pan. Heat in preheated moderate oven (350 F.) about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool 15 minutes, then toss lightly with a fork to form crumbs. Stir in peanuts. Store in covered jar in refrigerator. Stir with fork before using. Serve as a topping on sundaes, puddings and other desserts.