Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 1 Cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs (1 separated)
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter, press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, juice, peel and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add three eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in remaining egg white, reserve yolk for glaze. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F.; continue baking 30 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan; stir in water and juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened. Add small amount of hot mixture to slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Return to hot mixture, cook 3 minutes stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Spoon over cheesecake, chill.