Perfectly paired in Summertime Corn Hash with Shellfish, by Chef Jonathan Cartwright of Kennebunkport, Maine, the delicious flavors of sea and land combine for a delightful meal. Superb!
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1/2 medium onion, diced, divided up
- 1 sprig thyme, divided use
- 1 Cup dry fruity white wine, divided
- 16 Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 16 Maine mussels, scrubbed
- 2 small potatoes, peeled, cut in small dice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 4 large sea scallops, quartered
- as needed salt and pepper
- In large sauté pan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil and sauté a third of the onion and half of the thyme. Add 1/2 Cup white wine and clams, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until clams open.
- Repeat procedure with same amount of oil, onion, thyme and wine and cook mussels.
- Remove meat from clams and mussels; set aside. Combine juices and put through sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- In large sauté pan, heat remaining oil and sauté the remaining onion and potato over high heat until lightly browned. Lower heat to medium and add butter, corn, shellfish juices and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add scallops, clams and mussels and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Christmas Semifreddo with Raisins and Marrons Glaces is an indulgent dessert with a hint of sweet ru...
Many people have come to love the taste of our Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream. The Japanese tea has heal...
Chocolate Souffle may be a bit difficult to master, but the results are always rewarding, not only i...
Pumpkin Bread Pudding is richly flavored and greatly enhanced by an outstanding Bourbon sauce. You w...