Perfectly paired in Summertime Corn Hash with Shellfish, by Chef Jonathan Cartwright of Kennebunkport, Maine, the delicious flavors of sea and land combine for a delightful meal. Superb!
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1/2 medium onion, diced, divided up
- 1 sprig thyme, divided use
- 1 Cup dry fruity white wine, divided
- 16 Littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 16 Maine mussels, scrubbed
- 2 small potatoes, peeled, cut in small dice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 4 large sea scallops, quartered
- as needed salt and pepper
- In large sauté pan, heat 1 Tablespoon oil and sauté a third of the onion and half of the thyme. Add 1/2 Cup white wine and clams, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until clams open.
- Repeat procedure with same amount of oil, onion, thyme and wine and cook mussels.
- Remove meat from clams and mussels; set aside. Combine juices and put through sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- In large sauté pan, heat remaining oil and sauté the remaining onion and potato over high heat until lightly browned. Lower heat to medium and add butter, corn, shellfish juices and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add scallops, clams and mussels and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
The tender, sweet taste of an Irish Apple Tart make it a glorious finish to a hearty meal or perfect...
Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious s...
A sweet confectionery delight, this is a perfect recipe for late Summer or early Autumn, when apples...
One bite of Tequila-Lime Barbecued Shrimp and your palate will feel like you're on a beach in Acapul...