There is nothing like Summer Berry Meringue Roulade for a perfect dessert. Ideally paired with brunch or a summertime luncheon or picnic, it is a gem without flaw. The dessert has a voluptuous texture, and seductive flavors that bring immeasurable pleasures to the palate. Serve this with a light, refreshing white wine or dessert wine, or a sparkling wine, such as Cava or Prosecco.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs, whites only
- 5 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 ounces mixed summer berries, rinsed, drained (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Line the base and sides of a 9- x 13-inch Swiss roll pan with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together the cornstarch, vanilla extract and vinegar to form a smooth paste.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the sugar and cornstarch paste,
- a little at a time. Spoon the mixture into the pan and level the surface with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crisp and golden on top. Turn out the meringue onto
- a sheet of baking paper, peel away the lining paper and leave to cool.
- Softly whip the creme fraiche, and hull and halve any strawberries. Spread the
- creme fraiche over the meringue, leaving a 1/2-inch border, then scatter over the fruit.
- Roll up the roulade, starting from the short edge, using the baking paper to help
- you. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
The Bistro Cheeseburger is the kind of delicious burger you'll find at better urban bistros througho...
If you enjoy the exotic, then Thai Lemongrass Ice Cream is just the thing for you. Complemented by c...
Incredible flavor is found in every bite of Veal Wrapped with Pancetta, one of the most delicious ma...
Chocolate Meringue Pie is one of our most luscious and seductive recipes, with romantic, alluring qu...