There is nothing like Summer Berry Meringue Roulade for a perfect dessert. Ideally paired with brunch or a summertime luncheon or picnic, it is a gem without flaw. The dessert has a voluptuous texture, and seductive flavors that bring immeasurable pleasures to the palate. Serve this with a light, refreshing white wine or dessert wine, or a sparkling wine, such as Cava or Prosecco.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs, whites only
- 5 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons creme fraiche
- 12 ounces mixed summer berries, rinsed, drained (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Line the base and sides of a 9- x 13-inch Swiss roll pan with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together the cornstarch, vanilla extract and vinegar to form a smooth paste.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the sugar and cornstarch paste,
- a little at a time. Spoon the mixture into the pan and level the surface with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crisp and golden on top. Turn out the meringue onto
- a sheet of baking paper, peel away the lining paper and leave to cool.
- Softly whip the creme fraiche, and hull and halve any strawberries. Spread the
- creme fraiche over the meringue, leaving a 1/2-inch border, then scatter over the fruit.
- Roll up the roulade, starting from the short edge, using the baking paper to help
- you. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Traditionally, Italians make Manicotti with a crepe-like pancake as the shell, not pasta. This Ameri...
The flavor of Butternut Squash Soup is exceptional, offering a depth of comfort and warmth only a fe...
Pissaladiere is the southern French version of Italian pizza, made with onions, anchovies and oil-cu...
This light and fluffy couscous recipe is complemented beautifully by the sweet and aromatic Onion an...