Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: 1 portion
- 2 pounds dressed trout or other dressed fish, fresh
- garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound fresh or canned mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces onion, chopped
- 4 ounces tomato, peeled and, quartered
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Clean, wash and dry fish.
Place fish, rubbed with garlic, in a well greased baking dish and partially covered with lemon juice and water.
Add thyme and bay leaf.
Bake in a hot (400 degree) oven for 30 minutes.
In saucepan, combine mushrooms, onion, tomato, celery and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until liquid has evaporated.
Fill cooked fish with this mixture and return to oven for several minutes.