Among comfort foods, Stuffed Pork Chops is one of the best. Perfect for a Sunday dinner. The flavor is incredible. Food for warming the soul.
Stuffed Pork Chops
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4 lean pork chops
- black pepper
- 4 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour, seasoned
- 1/2 Cup warm milk
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- Trim the chops and remove the small piece of bone, then put onto a grilling pan and dust with black pepper. Peel and slice the onions into a saucepan, just cover with water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain, but reserve the liquid. Heat the butter in another pan, then add the onions and sugar, and cook until they are quite soft. Beat with a fork to purée them.
- Add the flour and let it cook for a minute, then add the warm milk and enough of the onion liquor to make a thick sauce. Season well, then add the cream.
- Grill the chops well on one side only, transfer cooked side down into a roasting pan and cover the tops with the onion sauce. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top, then a dot of butter and pepper.
- Put into a hot oven at 425°F/210°C/Gas Mark 7 for about 20 minutes or until the top is crisply browned. If liked, the chops can be grilled in the usual way and the sauce served with them, but the crispy topping above is very good.