Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Sauce
Absolutely delish! Perfect for Mom's Day!
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 16 slices bread
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese - softened
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- 2 Cups milk
For the Sauce:
- 1 orange
- 2 Cups blueberries
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Remove and discard crust from the bread; cut remaining bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. Layer half of bread in pan.
- Next, add cheese, then the remainder of the bread.
- Beat eggs and mix with syrup and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 375 degrees F., covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with blueberry sauce.
- Sauce: grate peel from orange and squeeze juice; place in a medium saucepan.
- Mix blueberries, sugar, and nutmeg together and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Sauce can be made ahead of time, then served warm or cold.
For a Spring and Summer twist, add fresh raspberries to the sauce.