Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is one of our new favorites. Rich, full of luscious flavors and delightful textures. It’s a gem for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Easy to make for Mother’s Day Brunch!
- 12 eggs, large, well beaten
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 24 slices egg bread, such as Brioche or Challah
- canola oil
- 3 Cups Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed, sliced
- confectioners’ sugar as needed
- 4 Cups apple-cider vinegar
- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound onions, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 1/2 ounces rhubarb, unpeeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 3 1/2 ounces powdered pectin
- 2 1/4 pounds granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, blend eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Dip bread slices in egg batter; set on sheet pan to drain.
- Generously oil medium-hot griddle or pan. Sauté bread 2 minutes on each side or until browned; keep warm.
- In large pan, gently heat strawberry-rhubarb jam; toss with sliced strawberries.
- For each serving, place 1 slice warm French toast on plate; spoon 1/2 cup warm strawberry-rhubarb jam over toast. Top with another slice of toast, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- In food processor, coarsely chop strawberries; set aside.
- In 5-quart saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, onions and cinnamon stick. Bring to simmer; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until onions caramelize. Add strawberries and rhubarb.
- Stir in lemon juice and pectin; bring to full boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar all at once, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a rolling boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim foam if necessary. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Divide jam evenly among 3 sanitized pint jars with lids; cool. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Asparagus Gratin makes a glorious side dish for your meal, providing diners a glorious flavor ideal ...
Exceptionally delicious appetizers made of chicken, jasmine rice and herbs in dumpling wrappers.
Many believe that only the French eat frog's legs. Not so. They're a popular ingredient in Cajun cui...
Baked Alaska Strawberry Ice Cream Pie is a superb way to serve a mouthwatering, visually exciting de...