Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is one of our new favorites. Rich, full of luscious flavors and delightful textures. It’s a gem for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Easy to make for Mother’s Day Brunch!
- 12 eggs, large, well beaten
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 24 slices egg bread, such as Brioche or Challah
- canola oil
- 3 Cups Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, stemmed, sliced
- confectioners’ sugar as needed
- 4 Cups apple-cider vinegar
- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound onions, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 1/2 ounces rhubarb, unpeeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 3 1/2 ounces powdered pectin
- 2 1/4 pounds granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In large bowl, blend eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Dip bread slices in egg batter; set on sheet pan to drain.
- Generously oil medium-hot griddle or pan. Sauté bread 2 minutes on each side or until browned; keep warm.
- In large pan, gently heat strawberry-rhubarb jam; toss with sliced strawberries.
- For each serving, place 1 slice warm French toast on plate; spoon 1/2 cup warm strawberry-rhubarb jam over toast. Top with another slice of toast, and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- In food processor, coarsely chop strawberries; set aside.
- In 5-quart saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, onions and cinnamon stick. Bring to simmer; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until onions caramelize. Add strawberries and rhubarb.
- Stir in lemon juice and pectin; bring to full boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar all at once, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a rolling boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim foam if necessary. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Divide jam evenly among 3 sanitized pint jars with lids; cool. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
A sweet confectionery delight, this is a perfect recipe for late Summer or early Autumn, when apples...
Italians prepare Brown Buttered Noodles as a side dish when serving roast meats. Its rich butter sau...
The simplicity, elegance and refinement of Lox and Bagels is trivial to the immense, sophisticated f...
Quintessentially summer, Broccoli Pasta Salad brings a comfortable warmth to your seasonal plate. ...