The kids will have competition for these flavorful, fun and colorful sandwiches. Perfect for a luncheon or made as passed canapes for your next party. Scrumptuous.
- For the Spread:
- 2 Tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 drops lemon juice, fresh
- For the Sandwich:
- 4 slices whole wheat or oatnut sandwich bread
- 4-6 large strawberries, washed and hulled
- Blend cream cheese, honey and lemon juice together. Refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Slice strawberries about 1/4" thick.
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread for each sandwich and lay berry slices on spread. Top with the other slice and cut diagonally.
Serve with a cool glass of freshly made mint lemonade or strawberry lemonade for a perfect light lunch.