Strawberry Pie is a perennial favorite throughout the United States. With strawberries always available, this once seasonal delight may now be enjoyed throughout the year.
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
- 1 Tablespoon butter (to 2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add strawberries and pecans; toss gently.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman's Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors ...
Avocado Shrimp Salad is a flexible recipe that may be served as either an appetizer, main course or ...
Lamb Chops with Spicy Mango Salsa and Avocado Sauce is a glorious Asian Fusion compilation of flavor...
Lemon Sorbet is a special dessert originally from Sicily, where a lemon granita would be made and se...