Strawberry Pie is a perennial favorite throughout the United States. With strawberries always available, this once seasonal delight may now be enjoyed throughout the year.
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
- 1 Tablespoon butter (to 2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add strawberries and pecans; toss gently.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
An extraordinary Italian creation, Tiramisu is a wonderful cheese-based dessert enriched with the de...
Chicken Liver Pate is a glorious appetizer not often made in the United States, though incredibly po...
A classic of Irish cuisine, our Dublin Lawyer recipe is packed with powerful flavor and the wealth o...
Potato and Chipotle Soup as an alluring, spicy, smokey flavor tempered by the potatoes, and enlivene...