Strawberry Pie is a perennial favorite throughout the United States. With strawberries always available, this once seasonal delight may now be enjoyed throughout the year.
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
- 1 Tablespoon butter (to 2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add strawberries and pecans; toss gently.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
The Classic Chicken Pot Pie, made with an updated crust remains one of the finest and most popular r...
The incredible, simple flavor of classic Wonton Soup is a gem of rare value in a sea of mediocre sou...
Stuffed Roasted Portobello Mushrooms are a wonderful creation, suitable as an appetizer, or a main c...
A wonderful appetizer or side dish, Asparagus Latkes are full of earthy flavors and crunchy textures...