Strawberry Ice Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 Quart
- 1 pint fresh ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Make sure your berries are very clean, with no sign of mold or soft spots. Remove all leaves and flower petals. Rinse really well before use.
- There is no cooking involved in this recipe, and no eggs. All you have to do is put the strawberries in a blender and process to a smooth purée.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the seeds, or leave unstrained. (Some people dislike getting those little seeds stuck in their teeth - especially if they wear dentures.) Transfer the strawberry purée to a large bowl; add the cream, condensed milk, sugar, salt, and vinegar; and whisk it all together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Eat immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, cover, and freeze for up to 1 week.