Strawberry Charlotte Russe is a really cool gelatin dessert that is full of flavor and excitement. Your guests will revel in your gastronomic skill, even though it is not a terribly complicated recipe.
- 1 commercial or homemade jelly roll
- 1 package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 Cup hot water
- 1 Cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 Cup coarsely broken pecans
- Cut jelly roll into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange slices over bottom and around sides of oiled 2 1/2-quart mixing bowl. Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Add marshmallows and partially defrosted strawberries, stirring until marshmallows dissolve. Add lemon juice and chill until partially congealed. Beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream and nuts.
- Pile mixture lightly into jelly roll-lined mold. Spread evenly to the edges.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve. Decorate, if desired, with whipped cream and a few fresh berries.
Rich, creamy and delectable, Milk Chocolate Caramel Custard makes a wonderful end-of-meal dessert or...
You will simply love Smoked Brisket with Scotch Bonnet Barbecue Sauce. It is luscious, hot and spic...
Simple preparation and powerful flavor mark the qualities of Chicken Montemiglio, named for the foun...
Cool, aromatic and seductive, this alluring Chilled Cucumber and Cilantro Soup makes a great start t...