Strawberry Charlotte Russe is a really cool gelatin dessert that is full of flavor and excitement. Your guests will revel in your gastronomic skill, even though it is not a terribly complicated recipe.
- 1 commercial or homemade jelly roll
- 1 package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 Cup hot water
- 1 Cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 Cup coarsely broken pecans
- Cut jelly roll into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange slices over bottom and around sides of oiled 2 1/2-quart mixing bowl. Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Add marshmallows and partially defrosted strawberries, stirring until marshmallows dissolve. Add lemon juice and chill until partially congealed. Beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream and nuts.
- Pile mixture lightly into jelly roll-lined mold. Spread evenly to the edges.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve. Decorate, if desired, with whipped cream and a few fresh berries.
Creamy Turkey Soup is one of the great comfort foods of American cuisine. This incredibly flavorful ...
A delightfully simple recipe, Mashed Butternut Squash with Ginger is ideal for Thanksgiving or Chris...
Grape Salad is simple, delicious and a complete meal that's good for you. It is easy to make and c...
Hungarian Cake or Mađarica is sweet, seductive, sultry, alluring, and most of all, delicious. The pe...