One of the most delicious tortes we’ve ever tried, this outstanding dessert is perfect for celebrations. Superb flavor in every bite. It decorates beautifully.
- 1 Cup Champagne
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 ounces gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Champagne
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 8-inch layer white cake
- In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup Champagne, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean and bring to a boil. Remove vanilla bean.
- Mix gelatin in 1/2 cup Champagne and set aside to soak.
- Temper egg yolks into Champagne mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Let cool until luke warm.
- With electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into champagne mixture and mix thoroughly.
- To assemble:
Place a thin layer of cake in bottom of cake pan. Slice strawberries in half and place the cut side against the inside rim.
- Fill the center of the cake with whole berries, standing up. Pour the champagne filling over the berries until covered.
- Optionally, let chill then top with either a fondant icing or clear strawberry icing.
Chill for 3-4 hours. Un-mold and serve. Surround with fresh strawberries or chocolate dipped strawberries. Try alternating chocolate dipped strawberries using white, dark and milk chocolates.